27 November 2015

Review: Beautiful Player

Author: Christina Lauren
Publisher: Gallery Books
Pages: 402
Rating: 4.5 Stars




Synopsis: When Hanna Bergstrom receives a lecture from her overprotective brother about neglecting her social life and burying herself into grad school, she's determined to tackle his implied assignment: get out, make friends, start dating. And who better to turn her into the sultry siren every man wants than her brother's gorgeous best friend, Will Sumner, venture capitalist and unapologetic playboy?
 Will takes risks for a living, but he's skeptical about this challenge of Hanna's...until the wild night his innocently seductive pupil tempts him into bed--and teaches him a thing or two about being with a woman he can't forget. Now that Hanna's discovered the power of her own sex appeal, it's up to Will to prove he's the only man she'll ever need. 

Review: Lately I’ve been on a huge Beautiful series reading spree. I’ve just gotten so sucked into the world and drawn into the characters that I just had to find out what was going to happen next. With each book that I move onto, I always start with the thought “will I enjoy this book as much as the previous?” The answer is most definitely yes! I wasn’t sure how I was going to feel with having the same book series, with each new book focusing on a different main couple, but I really enjoy that aspect about this series.
            With all of that said, I think that it’s safe to say that Beautiful Player is so far my favourite book in the series. This book is Will Sumner and Hanna Bergstrom’s story. It really is no secret that Will is a fairly well known player, who schedules his meetings with women to satisfy his needs, that is, until he meets Hanna. Hanna is unlike Sara and Chloe and there is just something about her that manages to change Will’s mind about women and makes him rethink everything he has ever thought about women before.
            When Hanna first comes on the scene, I really wasn’t too sure what to think about her. It was a little early on, but she just felt so much different from Sara and Chloe. Hanna is a 24 year old nerd, who spends the greatest amount of time in a lab, and that’s where she is most comfortable. That is, until her parents begin to worry about her. I was mostly unsure about Hanna in the beginning because of being super nerdy, but as it turns out, it was just one of the reasons that I loved her. I admired her so much because she just really did not care at all what anyone thought, and said whatever thought just crossed her mind, regardless of who was listening to her. She is so comfortable in her skin, and I sometimes wish that I could be that way. Even when she is speaking to Will, she is open about everything. If I was crushing on a hot guy for that long, I don’t think I would ever have been able to be that way.  One other thing that I loved so much about Hanna is just how she just rambled on, about almost everything, and she had an answer for just about everything too.
            When I read Beautiful Bastard, I thought Bennett was hot. Then I read Beautiful Stranger and I was like okay, Bennett is hot but Max, he has the whole British thing going on, which made him hot in a completely different way. Then, there was Will, and he was just it for me. Will is a complete player, but in a nice way. He is open about what he wants and the women that he has been with, all the expectations of what was to be were laid out, and those did not include commitment.  Given his background with women, something which Hanna knows all too well, she decides that this would be benefit for her to have a teacher, to teach her everything that she needs to know. I’ll just say right now, that I wish Will was my teacher. It was so much more than though, once things began to get much more serious, the way that the he thought about her, and spoke about her, it was enough to make anyone swoon.
            As with the other two books, I really enjoyed the writing style, and it flowed perfectly. The other books were enjoyable and funny, but there were some parts in this book that just had me laughing out loud. This story was just so perfect and it had the perfect mix of heat, humour, and romance.  The only thing that I wasn’t too fond of, was there was one part near the end, that I kind of felt was a little bit predictable, but it kind of worked, and it really wasn’t too much of an issue, that took away from enjoying the book.
            If you haven’t checked out this series yet, then I highly recommend that you do. I had my hesitations about reading these books, just based on what I’ve heard,  but it really did not affect it for me at all. If you’ve not checked out Beautiful Player, then I definitely suggest that you do. It was a great read, that will you laughing, and swooning, and will not leave you bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment