31 August 2013

Review: Losing It



Author: Cora Carmack
Publisher: Ebury
Pages: 280
Rating: 4 Stars

Synopsis: Virginity.

Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible--a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognize her theatre professor. She'd left him naked 8 hours earlier. 





Review:Losing It is a story that literally had me laughing out loud, and reading the better part of this book with a smile on my face. It was almost hard not to given the Bliss' inner thoughts and dialogue. 

I had seen some mixed reviews of this book, but I thought that I would go into it and see what I thought about it for myself, and I am not sorry that I did. 

Bliss,a twenty-two year old college student, is just one of those characters who make it fun to be inside her head. This is a really fun story, following Bliss in an attempt to lose her virginity. It seems fairly simple right? It is, expect that the super-hot, British guy, Garrick, that she falls for, is her professor. This just ends up making everything all the more complicated. 

I really enjoyed all of the characters in this book. The characters were all fun, and quirky in their own way, and that to me, just really added to how much more funny this book was. The writing was good and I think that I picked up this book at the perfect time, as it was a change from the intense, and angsty books I've recently been reading. 

As much as I really enjoyed this book, I felt like there were a few parts to the story that felt a little bit rushed to me, and like maybe more could have happened, such as what takes place with Bliss and Cade. 

Overall though, this was a light, fun, and quick read. 

3 comments:

  1. I still have to read sequels, but I like Losing It too. It was fun and light read - perfect when you need something to relax and don't think too hard. I agree with you some parts of the story being rushed, I had the same feeling.
    Great review.
    BTW, new follower.:D
    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read and LOVED Losing It. It was just so hilarious and at the same time such a guilty pleasure. I loved reading Bliss's internal dialogue. I need to read the sequels. Great review.

    Marianne @ Boricuan Bookworms

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that parts of this seemed rushed, but it sounds like a really fun read. I personally love humor in books - if I read it with a smile on my face, it's a keeper. Awesome review, girly! :)

    ReplyDelete