01 June 2013

Review: Beauty From Surrender

Author: Georgia Cates
Publisher: Georiga Cates Books
Pages: 
Rating: 4 Stars


Synopsis: How do you move on when he's every song you sing?After Laurelyn Prescott walked away from the love of her life, she returns to Nashville to pursue the only dream she has left. Determined to find a distraction from the pain of losing Jack Henry, she immerses herself in her music. But with her old life comes old acquaintances and new expectations. When Laurelyn refuses her record producer's outrageous demands, she finds herself without a career--until an unforeseen opportunity presents itself. From there it's a rocket ride straight to the top where Laurelyn finds the success she's always dreamed of.Will it be enough to bring her the happiness she so deserves, or will the absence of Jack Henry leave her wanting more? 

Jack Henry McLachlan never expected to fall in love with Laurelyn Prescott--but he did. After he foolishing let her slip through his fingers, he spends three months searing for her, but their reunion doesn't come easy. The woman he finds isn't the same one who drifted away without a goodbye. No longer an insecure girl on an Australian adventure, this Laurelyn is a successful musician with a promising career. Her dreams are becoming a reality, and Jack is terrified his American girl won't have a place for him in her new life. With only a month to convince her otherwise, will it be enough time to make her visualize a life beyond the glitz and glamour, a life that includes him? 


Review: I had just heard about this series, and I ended up getting this first book, and I read through that in no time at all, and I loved it! I was upset at how it ended with a cliffhanger, and I really thought that  I was going to have to wait ages for the sequel. It ended up coming out yesterday, and I've already got it finished! 

This book follows Laurelyn and Jack Henry's relationship, after she has left Australia and has returned back to the States. It begins immediately where the first book has left off. After all that they have been through, it was wonderful to see where they were headed with their future. There were moments when I wondered if they were going to get back together, of it would have been left as a "what-if" kind of a situation. 

There was a lot of ground that was covered in this book, just as there was in the first book. At some points I felt that a bit of the book was slightly rushed, and it could have been spread across a few books. While I did completely enjoy this book, I just really wish that it wasn't so rushed, and maybe not have covered such a large span of time.

I love a good story, especially when it has a foreign man with a hot accent. While I didn't feel quite as emotionally involved with these characters as I thought I would have been, I really enjoyed being immersed in their world. As with Beauty from Pain, this book was a wonderful book to escape with, and it definitely sparks a lot of fantasy. 

I did really enjoy this book, but I had a few problems. There were definitely some things that were left unresolved, and as a result, have left unanswered questions. Of course, I wish that there were more character building, as opposed to character changing. There were also a few moments that I felt were a little bit cheesy. 

Despite some of the issues I had with the book, I still really enjoyed the read. I also enjoyed how Cates chose to end of her series. I really hope that in the future she works on a third book  that will answer some unanswered questions. Overall I would really highly recommend this series to anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment