17 May 2013

Stacking the Shelves [1]


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly blog hop that was created by Tynga over at Tynga's Reviews. The main purpose of Stacking the Shelves is to share the books (physical & virtual) that we have bought and our adding to our shelves.

This week, I have three books to add to my shelves. They are:

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire: 
Synopsis: Can you love someone too much?

Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love Hard. Fight Harder.

In Walking Disaster the life of Travis Maddox is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he's invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her said. Now it's time to see the story through Travis' eyes.
________________________________________________________________
I have been waiting to get this book for a while, and every time I ended up picking it up, something else sparked my attention, and I just always waited for later.I was browsing online and I saw it, and I thought I might as well pick it up! I am SO looking forward to getting into this book!


Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park
Synopsis: He was tall, at least six feet, with dirty blond hair that hung over his eyes. His T-shirt read Nietzsche is My Homeboy.

That was Matt. Who Julie Seagle likes. A lot. But there is also Finn. Who she flat out loves.
Awkward? Completely.

But really, how was this freshly-minted Boston transplant and newbie college freshman supposed to know that she would end up living with the family of an old friend of her mother's? This was all supposed to be temporary. Julie wasn't supposed to be important to the Watkins family, or to fall in love with one of the brothers. Especially the one she's never quite met. But when does that really matter? Finn gets her, like no one ever has before. They have connection. 

But here's the thing about love, in all its twisty, bumpy permutations--it always throws you a few curves. And no one ever escapes unscathed.

___________________________________________________________________

I would never have heard of this book if it weren't for the book community online. I have seen so many great reviews for this book that I thought I would give it a go. It sounds completely like something I am going to enjoy reading and I cannot wait until I can get to it!


Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
Synopsis: Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies.

That's what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder.  A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she's never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.

Sky struggles to him at a distance knowing he's nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds out that Holder isn't at all who he's been claiming to be. When the secrets he's been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky's life will change forever.

__________________________________________________________________

As with Flat-Out Love, Hopeless is another book that I had heard about from the online book community. I have heard nothing but good things from Colleen Hooever, and this will be my first book of hers. As with the other two books, I'm definitely excited to getting to this one as well.


That's all I have for this week, I'm sure there will be more to come in the near future. I can't seem to say no when it comes to book buying.

No comments:

Post a Comment